Wednesday, 10 September 2014

To Read Books 2014: Part 1

I have a fairly decent collection of books, however since starting university I've had a bit of a reading block. As much as I want to read, I've been starting and not finishing books a lot over the past couple of years. And it's not because I don't like them. Some of them are amazing. 


I just keep getting busy and not making time for reading, then I'll lose my place. And then there's the fact I am still buying books and ebooks I want to read and then not reading those. So my to read list is getting longer and longer and there's so many other books that I want to add to it but I need to get through a few of these first.

I'm naming this post as "Part 1" because these are just the books at home, which is where I am at the moment. I have more at my university house and then, knowing me, I probably have others that I've forgotten about or I'm about to buy because I can't help myself.
On to the books!
  1. Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn - I've been wanting to read this book for at least a couple of years now and I received it as a gift for Christmas. And now there's the film adaptation coming out soon too, so this is pretty high priority on the to read list. I like a bit of a mystery and apparently this book has that.

  2. Birdsong By Sebastian Faulks - I have a terrible confession to make. I picked up this book as part of my A Level English Literature coursework based around war and while I got a decent grade on the work, I never actually read the entire book. And I feel kind of bad about it because the beginning was quite good and I think if I give it another chance without the pressure of school work then I'd actually enjoy it.

  3. The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman - Way back in 2007 a film called Stardust was released. This was based on the popular novel of the same name by Neil Gaiman and as I enjoyed the film, I thought I'd enjoy more of his stories. Then the film Coraline came out and again, I thought I'd like to read some of his work. I only managed to get my hands on one for the first time in 2012, and read his novel Neverwhere. I recommend that to anyone wanting to read a London based fantasy novel. Now I have a small collection of his books that I want to read including this one "a novel of childhood and memory" according to the blur on the back. Another unread Christmas gift.
I want to say that in one months time I will have read these. But I don't think that's a wise challenge with my third and final year of university starting this month. I may start with saying I'll read one a month then two the next month and so on. Because that would be a nice challenge with progression.
I'll see what I have time for and hopefully I can get back into reading. And maybe I'll write a review once I'm done.

What books are you currently reading at the moment? What's on your to read lists? Have you read any of these books and did you enjoy them? Is there anyone else who hoards books like me?
Let me know in the comments! x :)

5 comments:

  1. Prior to reading this I was going to write my own reading list! I have too many books for my own good. x

    www.anonstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Glad to know I'm not alone with hoarding books I need to read! x

      Delete
  2. I'm currently rereading the Harry Potter series. I haven't read any of the books on your list. Rather than reread books, perhaps I'll look into these ones and plunge into a new story. :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is a favourite of mine! :) x

      Delete