Friday, 29 August 2014

August Favourites 2014

Thought I'd do a little August favourites post because why not recommend a few things and say what I've been loving this month?


Let's Begin!

- One thing definitely making the list is the Starbucks Blackberry Mojito Tea Lemonade drinks. I slowly became addicted to them during my time in America.
We don't have these drinks in the UK so in the airport before leaving I sadly savoured my last one for who knows how long. I'm hoping they might bring them out in the UK for next summer but I kind of doubt it as us Brits aren't so Iced Tea loving as you Americans, so they might not bother with it. I may just have to wait for another American adventure to get another.

- John Frieda Frizz Ease: 3 Day Straight. I was recommended this hair product by a friend before I left for my holiday and thought it would be good to try out while I was away. My hair can get annoyingly frizzy extremely fast with any amount of humidity in the air. This product is meant to counteract this, as the name suggests. I wasn't expecting miracles as I'd tried a few things similar before but it did work okay. In humidity I luckily didn't need to worry about frizziness. My hair still went slightly wazy in really humid weather but I never bothered with hairspray so maybe that's why? It's a good product with hair like mine. But yeah, don't expect your hair to stay straight in the rain because that won't happen.

- Rimmel London Kate Moss 107 Lipstick. I may have mentioned this lipstick before I went away but I feel the need to again. I haven't cared in the slightest that the dark red is more of an Autumn/Winter colour because I love it so much and have been wearing it in sun and rain anyway. I think it's the fact that I like finding bright and bold lipsticks that suit me and this one is a winner.

- My blue and white floral dress from H&M. It was in my summer clothing haul post I think. I can't remember how much it cost, I think around £12. But it has been the best dress for the summer. A very nice style and shape and I've worn it so much and its just a really comfortable, flattering thing to wear.

- Paper Towns by John Green. I'd already began this book a while ago but never got around to finishing it and ended up finding out that the perfect time to re-read and finish this book was while travelling around America. I didn't have any time to read other than in the car and managed to get through this book in a couple of days. I like John Green and his books so I'd recommend this for anyone wanting to read a little mystery book and if you may be about to leave somewhere, like if it's your last year of school or college or uni or if you're just general moving away or moving on then I think this is a good book for that mindset.

-Freaks and Geeks is a TV show I've been meaning to watch for years and I've finally got round to begin watching it on netflix. It's a 90's show about the freaks and geeks of an American High School. I like it, it's good and not as stressful as other TV shows I watch (such as Hannibal and Game Of Thrones and many others. TV shows can stress me out so much omg) which is a good thing.

- I also feel the need to mention Guardians Of The Galaxy. I love superhero films, especially Marvel, so I was very excited to see this and it lived up to my expectations. I was also pretty excited to see Chris Pratt in the role of Starlord as I'm a big Parks and Recreation fan and he didn't disappoint. A very entertaining film all round with a kick ass soundtrack to match.

- While in America I also got the chance to go to two gigs, both in August, so I feel like mentioning them. Firstly I saw Passenger in Nashville. I've liked Passenger for a couple of years now and honestly, I think his studio recordings don't do him justice as he was even more brilliant live. Such a great gig! Then I also saw Linkin Park and 30 Seconds To Mars at the Carnivores Tour in Mansfield. Both bands I've loved for years and I'd never seen either of them live before and it was such an amazing gig in such a different venue to the ones here in the UK. Both bands were brilliant and I'll definitely try and see them again if I get the chance!

- I guess my entire trip to America & Canada is an all round favourite of this month and last month, if that counts?

And I think that's it?
It's been a long month and I can't remember any more favourites to add to this, even though there probably are lots more.
I'll be back soon with more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment